Saturday, June 27, 2015

Two Nights With His Bride (Montana Born Brides #6) by Kat Latham


Book Blurb:

Wedding fever has hit the little town of Marietta... 

Soap opera star Nancy Parsons is madly in love with Hollywood’s favorite leading man, and they’re getting married on her parents’ stunning horse ranch just outside Marietta, Montana. Actors, athletes, and politicians will be there to watch Hollywood’s most extravagant couple say I do. 

There’s just one problem. The bride’s childhood friend Wyatt Wilder knows Nancy’s making the biggest mistake of her life. Sure, Jared’s got looks, money, fame, and—it seems—Nancy’s heart. But when her bridesmaids hire him to lead them on a girls’-only adventure, Wyatt has two nights in the wilderness along the Yellowstone River to show her what a real man looks and acts like. A rugged, tough, loving man. 

But will he be able to do it before she says “I do” to the wrong man?

My Review:

Kat Latham made me feel all sorts of emotions as I read Two Nights With His Bride.  I was nervous, entertained, sad, and happy!

Nancy (Nancylynn) has worked hard to get where she is today.  Strong on the outside, inside I got the feeling she was still seeking that safe feeling, that feeling of being taken care of that she felt like she missed growing up.  I didn't always understand her or her decisions, but Nancy is a strong character whose story was intriguing.  Most of the time I really liked her, but at times just wanted her to open her eyes up!

Wyatt and Nancy have a history from a long ago childhood she's strived to put behind her.  Wyatt sees a lot in her that she doesn't.  He knows she is strong and deserves much better than she's settling for.  An attraction is there for both of them, but neither of them can act on since she's going to be marrying another man...even if everyone else thinks he's the wrong man for her!  I was glad about this, that both of them had strong morals.  I liked how Wyatt is with Nancy, even if he hasn't seen her for years.  He's a really good guy.

I liked the secondary characters in Two Nights With His Bride.  I wasn't sure about the bridesmaids, but I actually ended up liking them quite a bit.  They sure spiced things up!  I enjoyed seeing characters from previous books, and the interactions they had in this one.

It was great to be back in Marietta!  Kat took me on an emotional, bumpy ride with enough conflict to keep things interesting and to keep me on edge about how things would end up.  Some of the scenes were so vivid they will stay in my head for a while!

I'd recommend Two Nights With His Bride to any romance reader.

4/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment