Monday, October 5, 2015

Review: Snowflake Wishes by Maggie McGinnis



Book Blurb:

Noah Drake was that guy--the one always on the lookout for his next adrenaline high, so it was no surprise when he took off across the world, seeking adventure as a travel writer. But one thing he could never escape was Piper Bellini, the girl who got away--the girl he let get away, a fact he's never let himself forget. When he returns to Echo Lake to see if there's any chance the flame between them can be rekindled, he never expects to spend the night holed up with Piper in a roadside diner while a blizzard rages outside. It's exactly the kind of situation that sent Piper running years ago. But this time, Noah may have been handed a Christmas miracle, and he intends to make all of his and Piper's wishes come true...

My Review:

In Snowflake Wishes by Maggie McGinnis, Noah and Piper have a history.   Way back then Piper broke things off between them before he could break her heart.  She couldn't live with his life style choices, and he would never settle in Echo Lake.  They both wanted much different things out of life then, no matter how they felt about each other.  But neither has ever fully gotten over the other, or found anyone else who came close to matching the feelings Piper and Noah evoked in each other.   Now Noah as Noah recovers from an injury that keeps him off work, he is back in Echo Lake.  He tells himself it's to meet up with an old friend about a possible investment, but a secret part of him hopes to see Piper again.  The last person Piper expects to see at Snowflake Bay's Christmas dance is a handsome blast from her past...  The intensity of the feelings are still there, still unresolved.  Circumstances bring them closer again, and they get to know each other in a different way as adults.  But has anything really changed?  And even if it has, can either of them risk their heart again on the hope of a seemingly impossible future between them?

I really enjoyed getting to know Noah and Piper.  I liked the pieces of their backgrounds that Maggie fits in in just the right places that made me feel closer to them, like I knew them.  I liked the connection that I could feel between them after they'd been apart for so many years. Maggie took me on an emotional ride with them that was a good mix of fun vs. serious, heart ache vs. hope.  I was very interested and wanted to keep reading, because I couldn't wait to see if Piper and Noah could work things out or if they'd have to go their separate ways.  I liked both of these characters because I felt like I could understand both of their POV's and the circumstances that led to where they are today.

Maggie writes a descriptive book that made me easily picture Echo Lake and the people there in my mind.  Snowflake Wishes is a strong introduction to this series and I can't wait to be back in Echo Lake!

Well paced and smoothly written, I'd recommend Snowflake Wishes to any romance reader, especially if you like second chance romances!

4/5 stars

Purchase from Amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment